June Provincial Council Meeting
June 21 | 10:00am - 3:00pm
Join us 10AM - 3PM EST Wednesday, June 21, 2023 for our June Provincial Council Meeting! Hear informative speakers, discuss local concerns, and develop agricultural policy.
Lunch is provided.
ALL CFFO MEMBERS WELCOME!
The GrandWay Events Centre
7445 Wellington County Rd 21, Township Of Centre Wellington, ON, N0B 1S0
There will also be a Zoom option.
The Hon. Rob Black, Senator for Ontario
Presentation on his Road to the Senate, the Role of the Senate, and the Senate Committee’s study on soil health.
- Call to Order & Devotions
- Approval of Agenda
- Minutes of November 30, 2022 Meeting
- Matters from Minutes
- CFFO Annual Meeting Report
- Introduce Tom Diemand
- Comments from members
- District Concerns
- Discussion of the rules and composition for cover crops. Request that the government pay farmers for cover crop inputs as it is good for soil health and carbon sequestering.
- Policy Discussion
- Large Animal Vet Shortage
- Input to the Proposed Provincial Planning Statement Consultation
- Policy Discussion Continued
- Guest Speaker: The Hon. Rob Black, Senator of Ontario
- Federation Report: Tom Tavani, General Manager
- Upcoming Events
- 2023 Town Hall Discussions
- Next Provincial Council Meeting
- Wednesday, September 27, 2023
- Tentative location is Leamington, ON
- Closing & Adjournment
Minutes from previous Provincial Council Meetings can be found in our Members Login Area.
For more information:
Paul Bootsma, CFFO Member Relations Manager