The CFFO Water Stewardship Team is made up of staff from a number of agriculture and ag-related groups. The Team works to build the reservoir of knowledge on agricultural water use in Ontario.
Team Activities & Objectives
- To build organizational capacity: Members meet quarterly to share information, hear from expert researchers and policy makers, or make site visits to successful water management projects. Team members regularly seek information from non-agricultural projects and research that might be adaptable to agriculture.
- To collaborate on joint policy submissions: Where appropriate, the Team will submit policy recommendations relating to water issues. Collaboration like this opens opportunities to find shared values and desired outcomes—even across a range of perspectives.
- Communicate information to the broader agriculture, food and environmental communities: The Team regularly spreads information to members of their organizations, the media, etc., and collaborates to offer events like the 2017 CFFO Water Stewardship Workshop.
- Beef Farmers of Ontario
- Credit Valley Conservation Authority
- Christian Farmers Federation of Ontario
- Farm & Food Care Ontario
- Ontario Federation of Agriculture
- Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers
- Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Ontario Nature
- Ontario Sheep
- Ontario Soil & Crop Improvement Association
This team was established by the CFFO in 2015 through funding from Growing Forward 2 (GF2), a federal-provincial-territorial initiative. The Agricultural Adaptation Council assists in the delivery of GF2 in Ontario.