What is the Issue?
Ontario is one of the world’s most heavily regulated jurisdictions to work in, and farmers seeking to grow (or even maintain) their businesses are often stymied by red tape.
Why Does It Matter?
Regulatory burden can jeopardize the ability of many farmers to keep their farm business competitive – especially those operating on the world market.
On the other hand, regulations can be good when it protects the environment, future generations, and fair business competition.
In the current climate, it can sometimes be difficult to know which is which.
What Does CFFO Want?
Balanced, long-term thinking – The CFFO applauds current government’s focus on reducing onerous regulations; however, we caution against shifting focus entirely toward opening up regulations in some industries, that could potentially harm others.
Letters & Submissions
- Bill C-234 entitled “An Act to Amend the Greenhouse Gas Pollution Pricing Act.”
- Proposed Updates to the Rules of Practice and Procedure of the Normal Farm Practices Protection Board (NFPPB)
- Clean Fuel Regulations
- Submission regarding Bill 132: Better for People, Smarter for Business Act
- Submission regarding Amendments to the Nutrient Management Act
- Submission regarding Ontario's Excess Soil Regulatory Proposal
- Submission regarding Bill 66: Open-for-Business Planning By-Law
For archived information on this and other Issues, please contact us.