What is the Issue?
The complexities of environmental stewardship are enormous. The best decisions on environmental care must take into account the needs of our neighbours and of future generations.
Why Does It Matter?
Farmers rely on healthy soil, clean water, and good weather conditions to produce food. In an increasingly erratic climate, creation care is more important than ever.
What Does CFFO Want?
Long-term thinking – We strongly encourage government to act now to protect the environment. But the complexities of agriculture must be considered so that food security is not jeopardized.
Research and Innovation – CFFO calls for research that will prepare farmers to grow food in unpredictable conditions while also using fewer inputs (water, fertilizer, etc.).
Letters & Submissions
- Submission regarding Penalties Under the Resource Recovery and Circular Economy Act
- Submission regarding Suspension of Black Ash ESA Protections
- Regulatory Proposals (Phase 1) under the Conservation Authorities Act
- Ontario’s Strategy to Address the Threat of Invasive Wild Pigs
- Growing the Size of the Greenbelt
- Clean Fuel Regulations
- Submission regarding Schedule 6, Amendments to Conservation Authorities Act, of Bill 229
- Submission regarding Bill 132: Better for People, Smarter for Business Act
- Submission regarding Ontario's Excess Soil from Brownfields
- Submission regarding the Endangered Species Act
- Response to Made-in-Ontario Environment Plan
- Submission regarding PMRA Review of Clothianidin and Thiamethoxam (Risk to Aquatic Invertebrates)
- Submission regarding Imidacloprid Re-evaluation
- Submission regarding Caribou in the Lake Superior Coast Range
- Submission regarding PMRA Review of Clothianidin and Thiamethoxam (Risk to Pollinators)
- Submission regarding Algonquin Wolf Recovery
- Submission Regarding Proposed Food and Organic Waste Framework in Ontario
- Submission regarding Voluntary Carbon Offsets Programs
News & Commentaries
- Protecting Black Ash
- Invasive Wild Pigs: Ontario’s Strategy
- Regenerative Agriculture: Worth Looking Into
- Making the Greenbelt Bigger…A Lot Bigger
- Provincial Budget Recommendations: Looking for Long-lasting Benefits
- Finding the Balance: Farming, Development and Environmental Protection
- Nutrient Stewardship 4R the Right Reasons
- Helping our Neighbours Next Door and Downstream: The Timing Matters Initiative
- Omnibus Bill 132: Good for Farmers?
- Ontario’s Provincial Land Use Policy: Who Wins?
- Land Use Writ Large: Changes to Ontario’s Provincial Policy Statement
- How Can We Ever Clean up Lake Erie?
- Managing Nutrients with Best Management Practices
- Excess Soil: A Cautionary Tale
- Envisioning Win-Wins: Changes to the Conservation Authorities Act
- Farming and the Ecosystem
- Adjusting our Care for Endangered Species
- The New Era of Carbon Pricing in Ontario
- Bill 66: Are Natural Resource Protections “Red Tape”?
For archived information on this and other Issues, please contact us.